During Corona, everyone was talking about how they got corona kilo’s and extra weight.
I have to say, that doesn’t apply for me. Instead of gaining kilo’s, I’ve lost them.
Since I had the time, I figured I better do someting good and usefull with my time, so I started working out everyday and ate more healthier. Before corona, I already ate pretty healthy, but I changed some of my daily ingredients. For example, instead of eating my yoghurt with blueberries and cereal, I started eating granola.
There are loads of things I don’t eat anymore (and don’t miss) and other things I replaced.
Another thing I do is, instead of buying things, I make them myself.
That’s why I got this healthy granola recipe for you guys. You can eat this with your yoghurt or just plane, with chiaseeds or in a smoothiebowl.
This is the recipe:
– 300g oat flakes
– 60g pecan nuts
– 60g walnuts
– 50g hazelnuts
– 50g almonds
– 4 tablespoons of flax seeds
– 30ml coconut oil
– 30ml honey
I love to eat nuts, so I added a lot, but If you want, you can just add 30g of the nuts, or more or less, it’s up to you. This doesn’t change the recipe, there only will be more or less crispy nuts in your granola. Also, I add loads of cinnamon, since I like the flavour, but you don’t have to do this.
You can add 1 teaspoon of vanille extract, if you want to.
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
2. Chop up the nuts in the size you want and mix everything in a bowl. Add the cinnamon.
3. Add the melted coconut oil and the honey and mix will together wit the nuts.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the granola over it.
5. Bake for 20 minutes and stir in between. Make sure both sides are getting nicely browned.
6. Once it’s done, let the granola cool. Afterwards, you can store the granola in a closed jar.
I don’t exactly know how many portions you have with this, since I eat more one day than another.
Hopefully you’ll like the recipe. Enjoy!