Since it’s almost winter, it’s getting colder and darker, this is the perfect time to have some comfort food. It’s easy to eat unhealthy comfort food, cause that’s mostly what it is, but I like some healthy comfort food as well. That’s why I’m sharing my recipe for healthy buckweath banana waffles. This one is so easy and doesn’t require many steps and explanation.
This is also a great recipe for when you have a few bananas left, but they’re all soggy and brown.
At this point, they are the healthiest, but I don’t like them either like that. That’s why you can use them for pancakes, waffles or bananabread because brown bananas are ideal for these kind of recipes.
What you need is:
– 3 ripe bananas
– 3 eggs
– 10 spoons of buckweath flower
– 5 spoons of soy milk (or more if you think the batter is too thick)
– 2 teaspoons of olive oil
1. Smash the bananas in a bowl
2. Add the eggs and stir
3. Add some cinnamon for flavour (as much as you want)
4. Add the buckweath flower and stir again. Mix everyting into a smooth batter.
5. Add the milk and make sure you have a waffle like batter (make sure it’s not to runny)
6. At last, ad some olive oil, to make sure the batter does not stick to the appliance.
7. Make sure the waffle maker is well rubbed with oil or butter. You can now put the batter in the waffle maker.
Afterwards, you can use some chocolate, yoghurt or honey as topping. You can add whatever you like.
I hope you enjoy these waffles as much as I do.